WebDirect Cookie Notice
Effective Date: April 2018
This Cookie Notice applies to howardjohnsonkamloops.com, owned and operated by Howard Johnson by Wyndham Downtown Kamloops, and describes how we use personal data collected through Cookies and other techniques, including pixels ("Cookies") on our website howardjohnsonkamloops.com ("Site").
When entering the Site or viewing our targeted advertisements, we automatically collect data using Cookies.
The types of information that we collect through Cookies include IP address; device ID; viewed pages; browsing information; browser type; operating system; internet service provider; timestamp; the referring URL; and location data depending on the device you use.
More information on Cookies: Cookies are small bits of electronic information that a website sends to a visitor’s browser and are stored on the visitor’s hard drive. We place Cookies on your computer if you visit our website. If you are concerned about having Cookies on your device, you can set your browser to refuse all Cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being set, letting you decide whether to accept it or not. You can also delete Cookies from your device. However, if you choose to block or delete Cookies, certain features of the websites you visit might not operate correctly.
More information on pixel tags: Pixels (also known as "web beacons"' or "clear gifs") are electronic files that usually consist of a single-pixel image and can be embedded in a web page or in an email to send information, e.g. a newsletter. We may use pixels to place or recognize a Cookie on your device if you use our services.
Third-party Cookies: We allow certain third parties to place Cookies. If you have questions about which Cookies are used and which parties place these Cookies, contact us using the contact details set out below.
We use your information, including personal data, collected through Cookies for the following purposes:
- C. Providing targeted advertisements: We use information that we collect through Cookies to pursue our legitimate interests by providing targeted advertising. Where necessary, we will obtain prior consent before Cookies are placed for this purpose. If consent is given, you can withdraw it at any time. In addition, you can object to our processing of your personal data for advertising purposes at any time.
- D. Market research: We use information that we collect through Cookies to pursue our legitimate interests to engage in market research (including the analysis of market segmentation or trends, preferences and behaviors, research about products or services, or the effectiveness of marketing or advertising) or product development (including the analysis of the characteristics of a market segment or group of customers or the performance of our Site, in order to improve our Site).
- • BookingSuite: Your personal data may be shared with BookingSuite B.V. located at Herengracht 597, 1017 CE Amsterdam, the Netherlands, the company which operates the website suite.booking.com.
- • Sharing with third parties: We share your personal data with third parties as permitted by law and as described below, including service providers acting on our behalf. We do not sell or rent your personal data.
- • Competent authorities: We disclose personal data to law enforcement and other governmental authorities insofar as is required by law or is strictly necessary for the prevention, detection or prosecution of criminal acts and fraud.
There is a difference between session Cookies and permanent Cookies. Session Cookies only exist until you close your browser. Permanent Cookies have a longer lifespan and are not automatically deleted once you close your browser. We strive to serve Cookies or allow the serving of Cookies with a maximum lifespan of 5 years. Only in exceptional circumstances (e.g. for security purposes including fraud detection) and where absolutely necessary, a Cookie will have a longer lifespan. If you have questions about specific retention periods, contact us using the contact details included below.
Questions or Complaints
If you have questions or concerns about our processing of your personal data, or if you want to exercise any of the rights you have under this notice, you are welcome to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org . You can also contact your local data protection authority with questions and complaints.
Changes to the Notice
Just as our business changes constantly, this Cookie Notice will also change from time to time. If you want to see changes made to this Cookie Notice from time to time, we invite you to access this Cookie Notice to see the changes.